This page provides illustrations of iPad uses for second language learning with an emphasis on Chinese and Spanish:
- Dictionaries include bilingual Qingwen and English->Chinese Dianhua
- Vocabulary: uTalk for seven languages has great matching games and photos, but each language has to be bought separately.
- Vocabulary: RollingZilla has vocabulary builders for 12 languages in one system.
- Games: MindSnacks provides real game design, although still focusing on vocabulary.
- Characters: ShiZi gives great graphics, audio, and explanations.
- TV: The Chinese TV app provides direct connections to five open Chinese Internet stations.
- Systems: Hello-Hello Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish, German. Playback of video episoides can be configured for full captioning (sound, Hanzi, pinyin, English).
- Podcasts for all major Languages